Post Secondary & Training: Introduction
The Canadian Language Benchmarks provide a commonly understood and articulated national framework for describing and measuring, in a standard way, the communicative proficiency of ESL learners.
The Canadian Language Benchmarks:
- enable the identification of appropriate language levels required for post-secondary study
- allow for the development of appropriate language assessment tools for post-secondary study
- provide a common language to discuss language proficiency
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions webpage at CLB FAQ's.
For ESL/FSL Professionals
- For tools and resources for teaching English as a Second Language to adult immigrants see 2. FOR ESL PROFESSIONALS.
- For tools and resources for teaching French as a Second Language to adult immigrants see Professionnels du FLS
NEW! Free Booklet- Download now: Canadian Language Benchmarks for Study and Work - Understanding the language proficiency levels required to work and study in Canada.